Powered By Blogger

Swallow Birds Inspiration

I watched Aimee and Jaguar (an old film about a Jewish woman who falls in love with a German woman in 1940s Berlin - it's really a good film!) maybe a month  or so ago and I had to capture a shot of an adorable vintage look that I'd like to recreate. The swallow bird designs that you see in tattoo shops and on sweaters have that classic look with a burst of color. If you want something more simple and demure, black and white is the way to go. I found the patches below from Ebay and now I just have to find the right cardigan or sweater to iron them on.



I'll let ya know how it turns out! I still have other patches I need to put on...something. Maybe the pockets of some high waist jeans or some more cardigans like I did with my pink flamingo! I've got peppermints, a milkshake, cherries, more cherries.. I've got some serious crafting to do!

~The Retro Natural

2 comments:

Desiree said...

I want to 1) watch this movie and 2) get that sweater.

Desiree said...

Also, I can't find your email address, but please email me since you won the tights giveaway I hosted last month! desiree at popomaticdeluxe dot com.